Master of Education - Teaching Awarded July 2011
University of California, Santa Barbara
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Daniel A. Diamond
916 • 769 • 4841
4641 7th St. #B, Carpinteria, CA 93013
High School Science Teacher,
Carpinteria Unified School District 2011-Current
Carpinteria High School (CHS)
Teacher Physics, AP Physics B, AP Physics 1, Chemistry,
Chemistry (H) and AVID
University of California, Santa Barbara 2012 - 2014
University of California, Santa Barbara 2013 - 2014
In collaboration with UCSB professors and other teacher leaders
Other Professional Experience
Royal Family Kids, Santa Barbara Camp 97 2011 - Current
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (LBNL) March 2010 – July 2010
Berkeley – California (40 Hours per Week)
(Science Teacher and Researcher) June 2009 – August 2009
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (40 Hours per Week)
Channel Island Regional Science Initiative, Lawrence Hall of Science - 2016 - Current
- Collaborated on the development and potential implementation of a K-12 science curriculum, as part of the district Science Leadership Team.
- Collaborated with colleagues at two week long summer sessions on developing techniques and curriculum for teaching AP Chemistry and AP Physics.
- Attended various science and learning environment workshops.
- Analyzed structure of NGSS standards and developed strategies for implementation
- Explored AVID style lessons and implementation of AVID methodologies
- Collaborated with colleagues under the direction of an expert AP teacher in the creation of an AP Physics B curriculum.
- Investigated various SDAIE strategies and their implementation with common core standards
- Completed the assignments and seminars aligned with the teacher induction program under the guidance of a mentor teacher
- Studied the process of analyzing assessment data and consequently developed corresponding curriculum changes